Saturday, December 22, 2012

Holiday Fashions-The Ugly Sweater Lives On

It's funny how certain fashion trends are dictated by the holidays.  My favorite color next to black is red and would LOVE to own a pair of red pants.  I'm kinda digging how so many people are just now catching on to that color since its so Christmasy and all.  I saw this one lady wearing a red coat, red shirt, red pants, red scarf and perhaps was even wearing red panties.  As much as I fancy that color, I felt that was a bit too much on the rouge, but whatever, she seemed happy and that is all that matters.  My next favorite thing about Xmas holiday attire are those UGLY and infamous holiday sweaters that feature snowmans, trees, snow and reindeers.  Some sweaters go bold and focus on one specific feature and have a huge face of a reindeer knitted right on the center with a big red glowing nose.  I was once given an ugly holiday sweater vest by a close friend and she wasn't kidding, she thought it was a real beauty.  I remember thinking, "how can she think that this is a nice sweater that I would actually wear?"  However, I immediately stopped my judging and said, "oh, thank you, this is really nice!"  And wore it for her, I had a big grin the whole time I was wearing it.  That was over 10 years ago.  Today the ugly holiday sweater is a novelty item that one must own and wear during the holidays just for laughs.  I look back now and wish I hadn't buried that hideous sweater I was given somewhere in the deserts of El Paso, TX.....because it would've really made an impact at some of the parties I've recently been to.  Anyways, its Christmas time and we're all still alive.  I think all year many people have been on edge due to the Mayans predictions of the world ending this month.  Now they say that its not ending, obviously-since i'm still here blogging, but a new era has begun, a new era that promises goodness and positivity and anything negative will be extremely minimized.  So on that note, cheers to everyone and may we continue living the good life and add an ugly sweater to our wardrobe for a pinch of additional happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment