Monday, August 6, 2012

What can I say...

So it has been a while since I last blogged.  A lot and not much has happened.  I've recently mailed out a bunch of packets to potential publishers.  Although I've received a few rejection letters, I am still waiting in anticipation to see if someone out there actually gets what I'm trying to do.  I've had to take the plunge into social media in hopes that I can get a buzz started about my book.  In doing so, I've learned that its hard not to feel a little vulnerable.  For its not just a book that I'm promoting, I'm promoting myself.  However, I guess I should get used to that if I ever expect to get published.  If there is one thing that I've learned from this experience, is that I can't just sit and wait.  I have to keep working towards making Fashion FYi a published book.  I have new thoughts dancing in my head, one being that I should acquire my much needed images by contacting the publicists of all these fine people I've written about.  Another is self publishing.  And another is....um, maybe praying more.  At any rate, I think I should keep pushing on and have faith.  Having true faith is to believe in what you can't see.  And the reward of that faith is to one day see what you believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment